Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Children-Mini Terrorists that captivate your heart.

As I am writing this,I hear my children. For anyone who knows them,it is quite IMPOSSIBLE to NOT hear them.
Ahhh,summer vacation,a child's dream,and to many stay-at home moms,a nightmare.
As a homeschooling mother of an 8 year old,and a mother to a headstrong 4 year old,life in our home is very noisy,messy,and disorganized.

At times I feel very overwhelmed,especially with 2 boys who insist that being ninjas is the most important thing in life,and that karate chopping every piece of furniture is a must,after all,what kind of ninja's are they?

They test me continually,and believe that with a kiss,a hug,or a little bit of humor,they can wrap me around their grubby little fingers and life will be swell..
Oh they are so good.
Or rather they believe thay are.

As a mother you learn to pick your battles wisely.
I have learned that pristine soccer moms,driving in SUV's,with shiny happy children,dressed in their golf attire is very unrealistic.

My car is a wreck some days,with discoveries of french fries,juice bottles,missing flip-flops,and toys in the back.
My kids play hard,fight,yell,and of course karate chop.

I am lucky if I get a shower without a 'MOOOOM" being yelled.
Disney,and Nickelodeon have taken over my T.V.'s.
I feel completely terrorized,impatient,and lets face it-CRAZY.

At the end of the day,I am cleaning goo off the tables,and dearly hoping the lightning bug jar still has the lid on it,but you know what?

Every picture.
Every kiss.
Every hug.
Every time I hear an "I LOVE YOU"

Every weed picked and given.
Makes it all worth it.

I have realized that they DO grow so fast.
My oldest refuses to hold my hand in public due to the utter horror and embarrassment of being caught.
I enjoy them as much as I can.

Of course on the days I just can NOT take anymore,I enlist the help of the Master Ninja,who makes his presence known every day at 6pm. -
DAD!
Ohh those three letters. Music to my ears.

So,tonight after I have said to stop pounding into the walls,for the millionth time,after I have found cookie crumbs in the bathroom(yes bathroom),and faught to have dinners eaten,room picked up,and finally bedtimes,I will sit and remember how angelic they are....How much I love them,and how much they bring joy,and love to my life.

I mean they ARE so very sweet when they are sleeping. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment